Sunday, November 29, 2009

A bit of the R and R



What an unbelievably perfect gift to be given the opportunity to kick off my shoes and put up my feet for two entire weeks and three days. I arrived in Osorno thinking that it would be a day trip but seeing as the border between Chile and Argentina literally shuts down at night I found myself treading water at least until the following day. I quickly headed for the internet and checked out my Couchsurfing account to see if I could find a place to stay. Katy, a semi-studious alumni, wrote be back giving me her phone number without any hestitation. She arrived a bit hazzled from class and brought me promptly to their department. Shortly after, I met the other two roomies, Lala and Rocio. Before I knew it I was showered with constantly diverse meals, hot teas, cakes and cookies, everything that my little heart desired. One day turned into two, three, four and suddenly I found myself with a nice round belly and two weeks deep in Osorno. Though they continue to try and persuade me to stay and that lonely follower most commonly known as nastalgia hits me over the head daily I know that my time is up and I need to start making tracks to Argentina. Its roughly a two or three hour trip and seeing that I have most recently encountered a couple from Bariloche traveling back today, they offered me a ride around 5 o´clock in the evening... I best be on my way and goodbyes are always the hardest thing to have to say.

2 comments:

  1. Acabo de volver de España hace tres dias y he tenido que leer todo lo que has escrito en mi ausencia.
    Me gusta mucho cómo escribes, ya lo sabes, y las palabras que utilizas.
    Se ve que lo estás pasando bien con tus aventuras.
    Sigue disfrutando y deleitándonos con tus relatos.
    Un abrazo muy fuerte.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gracias!!! claro que es una aventura y he visto bastante... ahora estoy por los torres del paine... es super caro pero bueno... siempre encuentro una manera! gracias para leerlo!!
    cariños!
    Stacy

    ReplyDelete